We cook asparagus often when it’s in season and the price is cheap. Sometimes in can be as cheap as AUD $0.99 per bunch. Untuk versi bahasa kunjungi Resep Tumis Daging Sapi Asparagus.
I didn’t realise that asparagus is such a delicacy in Holland. Some of my husband’s family are from Holland and came to visit the family here in Australia late last year. We are very lucky that they had time to come and visit us so I made this dish for our dinner. I made some Indonesian Food as well as other dishes. At dinner time they mentioned that asparagus is very expensive there. It does make sense as the climate in Holland won’t be the perfect one for asparagus to grow. I guess we are very lucky in Australia we can find nearly all veggies we need, and the prices aren’t too bad either.
Back to this easy beef asparagus stir-fry recipe, what we like the most is when we bite the asparagus we can still hear the crunch! Taste so good So when you want to give this dish a go, try not to overcook the asparagus as you will lose the fun of it Oh, and the other thing is, try to use peanut oil for any stir-fry dish, the food tastes better.
- 500 grams of lean beef, thinly sliced (you can get the stir fry beef in the package at most of supermarkets)
- 1 medium-size onion, mince
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli (big one), discard the seeds and then chop into small pieces (mince)
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 175 grams), cut each asparagus into 3 parts
- 1 generous handful of sweet basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp coarse crushed black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp peanut oil, you can use any vegetable or cooking oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a frying pan in a high heat.
- Add the meat, stir-fry until the meat is half cooked. Set aside. If the beef produces a lot of water during the cooking, make sure you tip it out.
- Using the same frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- Saute onion, garlic, chilli and sliced asparagus about 1 minute.
- Add the beef and then stir briefly.
- Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce and black pepper. Continue to stir.
- Add basil leaves. Continue cooking about 1 minute.
- Serve asparagus sauteed beef with steamed rice. For a healthier option, use red or brown rice. I usually mix white rice with brown rice and lentils. I use rice cooker to cook them.
Please leave your comments bellow if you like or have any question about beef asparagus stir fry above. Thanks !
- Easy Japanese Beef Recipe
- Easy Fish Tempura Recipe