Beef Steak with Red Wine Sauce.
Untuk versi bahasa kunjungi Resep Steak Daging Sapi saus Jamur. From Simple Steak dishes to slightly fancy, they all are yummy especially poured with a nice sauce like this red wine sauce. No doubt, steak is one of the quick dishes after work, just drop by at the shop to get the meat and cook it or I don’t now what to cook for dinner let’s just grab steak on the way home and chuck them on the BBQ type of dish. Very simple. But…..there are so many ways to make the steak taste extra delicious.
Here’s little bit of a sample for an extraordinary steak:
1. Put garlic and rosemary spring on the steak and then cook
2. Add a little bit of anchovies when cooked
3. Marinate with minced garlic and olive oil for 15 minutes before cooking
Little bit of a tip before we start cooking, if you cook the steak using the three methods above try not to pour sauce on top of the steak as the taste will be too much. Enjoy the steak as it is and compliment with green salad or mashed potatoes as the side dish or both. And if you want to have it with sauce, cook the steak the simple way like what we did this time.
This red wine sauce is just amazing, I never thought that making sauce can be so simple until I did it. Wines give a special taste, it’s kind of sharp but then complement the dish very well.
Now, let’s just start the cooking.
- 2x pieces of steak, I used scotch fillet this time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 45 gr of butter
- 100 gr button mushroom, sliced
- ¾ dry red wine
- 1 tsp plain flour disolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp thick cream
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Heat the butter in a frying pan or pot, add the sliced mushrooms, cook until mushrooms soften.
- Add the red wine, stir until the wine is boiling.
- Add the flour keep stiring until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cream, stir until mixed well, taste (you can add salt if needed).
- Add chopped chives and stir well, turn off the heat, set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non sticky pan.
- Cook the steak to your liking, rare, medium rare, medium well, or well done. I love mine medium well. To get medium well, cook each site for 5 minutes.
Steak can be serve with chips, potato wedges, mashed potatoes, fresh salad, warm salad, baked potatoes, anything you like basically.
- Fried Duck Recipe with Green Chilli Sambal
- Bakso Recipe (Indonesian Meatballs Soup)