Untuk versi bahasa clik Resep Cara Membuat Rendang Sapi.
Rendang is a type of curry dish originally came from Padang / Minangkabau – Sumatra, Indonesia. This meat dish traditionally prepared during festive occasions such as traditional ceremonies, wedding party and Ramadhan. The slow cooking process allows the meat to absorb all the spices and to become tender. It is time consuming and requires patience but trust me, it’s all worth it
Typical curry dish, you can change the meat with chicken, egg, veggies or fish. Cooking time is depend on the type of meat you use. It can be up to 3 hours for beef. Use the meat that contain little bit of fat like scotch fillet to shorten the cooking time.
Normally we eat rendang with green chilli sambal, boiled cassava leaf and rice. Psst…. eat use your fingers and I guarantee you the taste even better 😉 nom…nomn…nom……!
- 1,5 kg lean beef, slice 1 cm thick around 5cm diameter (or cut into big chunk)
- 400 ml thick coconut milk
- 2 lemon grass, crushed (white part only)
- 3 cm galangal, crushed
- 3 bay leaf
- 2 turmeric leaves (optional)
- 2 kafir lime leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 tbsp roasted grated cononut
- 16 asian shallot or 2 big french onion (250gr)
- 8 garlic clove
- 6 big red chilli
- 1,5 tbs coriander powder
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 flat tsp turmeric
- 3 tbs cooking oil
- Sautee rendang paste, galangal, lemon grass, kafir lime leaves and turmeric leaves until fragrant.
- Add the meat, stir well until meat and paste mix together.
- Add coconut milk and roasted coconut, stir well. Put the lids on.
- Cook in a low heat until the meat very tender and the sauce thicken, stir occasionally. Add water if needs to.
- Serve Rendang with steam rice.
- Jamie Oliver’s Blue Cheese Burgers Recipe
- Arirang Korean Restaurant Perth