Prawn Risotto Recipe with Pumpkin and Fennel.
Prawn Risotto Recipe with Pumpkin and Fennel. Untuk versi bahasa kunjungi Resep Risotto Udang.
I find this food is to die for, easy to make and very tasty. It does takes time and passion but absolutely worth it. Thank you Chef Curtis Stone for the recipe If you are a big fan of Risotto, you can also check my own risotto recipe, simply visit Basic Risotto Recipe and or Arie’s Kitchen Mushroom Risotto Recipe.
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of peeled and diced butternut pumpkin (or any pumpkin)
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh fennel
- ½ medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups dry white wine (you can replace with chicken stock)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 500gr raw prawn, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- In a small heavy-based saucepan, heat the chicken stock over high heat until hot but not boiling. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, heavy-based, non-stick, high-sided frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the oil and allow it to heat for 2 mins. Add the pumpkin and cook for 5 mins, or until it begins to brown.
- Add the fennel, onion and garlic and cook for 3 mins, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the rice and stir for about 1 min, or until it is well coated with oil and hot.
- Add the wine and stir constantly for about 1 min, or until most of the wine has evaporated. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Add 1 cup of the hot stock to the rice mixture and cook, stirring almost constantly and keeping the mixture at a steady simmer, for about 2 mins, or until it is absorbed.
- Continue adding the hot stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring until each addition is almost completely absorbed before adding more, and cook for about 18 mins, or until the rice is al dente and creamy.
- Stir in the prawns and cook, while stirring and adding more stock as needed, for about 4 mins, or until the prawns are just cooked through but still tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley and ½ cup of the parmesan. Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt.
- Serve Risotto hot and garnish with remaining parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
- Tempe Penyet With Garlic Sambal Recipe
- Pomegranate with Sliced Apple Salad Recipe