Rice Flour Porridge Recipe .
Inspired by one of the dishes that my mum sells in the market, I created this Rice Flour Porridge Recipe to share with you all. Untuk versi bahasa, kunjungi Resep Bubur Sumsum Bu Suyatmi.
When we were little, this is what my brother and I had for breakfast at least 2 times a week after we helped mum to bring her food to the market (besides, we won’t get any pocket money if we are not helping ). My Mum woke up at 3am to prepare fresh food, and some would be cooked the day before like jelly and lontong (rice cake) to help make it set properly. In bahasa we call this dish Bubur Sumsum or Jenang Putih. And not only for in the morning, this rice flour porridge can be consumed all day.
If you want to know how chaos and busy the market can be, you can check out this link; Traditional Market in Indonesia.
- 100gr rice four
- 1 pandan leaf
- ½tsp salt
- 100gr palm sugar
- 150ml water
- 100ml think coconut milk
- 100ml water
- 1 pandan leaf
- A pinch of salt
- In a deep pan or pot, boil 500ml water.
- In a mean time, mix well 250ml water with the rice flour.
- Pour the mix flour in to the boiling water, turn the heat to medium low. Keep steering occasionally until the flour well cooked or about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook the sweet sauce separately until sauce little bit thicken.
- Cook the coconut milk sauce separately (bring to boil) in a medium heat.
- Serve the rice flour porridge together with sweet and coconut milk sauce. It will be nicer when you serve it while it's warm.
- Fish Parcels Recipe Asian Style
- Spicy Duck Recipe Indonesian Style