Easy Rendang Recipe ala Arie.
There are so many ways of cooking this beautiful meal. If last time I made the recipe for the old fashion way of cooking Rendang, this one is the easier way. More practical basically, the cooking method I mean. Yum !!!
As we all are busy with day to day activity we wanted everything done in a easy way. I hope you enjoy this easy rendang recipe
- 1,5 kg lean beef, slice 1 cm thick around 5cm diameter (or cut into big chunk)
- 400 ml thick coconut milk
- 2 lemon grass, crushed (white part only)
- 3 cm galangal, crushed
- 3 bay leaf
- 2 turmeric leaves (optional)
- 2 kafir lime leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 tbsp roasted grated coconut
- 16 asian shallot or 2 big french onion (250gr)
- 8 garlic clove
- 6 big red chilli
- 1,5 tbs coriander powder
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 flat tsp turmeric
- 3 tbs cooking oil
- Place the mean in a heavy base cooking pan (with a lids).
- Add the paste, using cooking glove, mix the meat and paste well.
- Add galangal, lemon grass, kafir lime leaves and turmeric leaves (if use any) mix well, put the lids on.
- Turn the heat in on, set in a low heat.
- Continue cook the rendang until meat tender (stir occasionally). Add water if needs too.
- Add coconut milk, and then the roasted coconut, stir well. Put the lids on. Continue cooking in a low heat until the coconut mix well with everything else.
- Serve Rendang with steam rice.
- Banana Bread with Walnuts Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Ricotta by Dom